So while watching Sat morning general conference I was listening to Sister Lant's talk. She was speaking about family traditions and things passed down to children from generation to generation. And I started to think of all the things our little family of 3 did do and some may say they were not traditions but to us they were. I just wanted some feed back from ALL of my sisters and friends as to what some of the things that were passed on to you and your lives now. Gimme a list I would love to know!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Blue tongues
Teriyaki
The two I remember best:
1. Waffles for breakfast on Christmas morning. It's not Christmas until I have my waffles.
2. Spaghetio's when my parents were going out. We always knew when they were going out for the night because my mom would buy a can. We also knew how long based on whether she bought hot dogs, vienna sausage or nothing to add. Nothing meant pretty short, hotdogs meant medium, and vienna sausages meant a long time.
We've got a some Swedish ones - Santa Lucia, Swedish midsummer, waking a person up by singing to them on their birthday... i also like the blue tongues and indoor waterfights. Would mooning LIberty Park count as a tradition?
I would like to think so!!
Pickle has been carrying on the wearing underwear on your head tradition. . .
Wait, you were watching General Conference? But why?!
Usually the author of the post should list the things they consider to be traditions before demanding a list from their readership. Simple blogging etiquette really.
Now now Paris we can be honest and admit we don't remember things!! LOL but if I must:
1. Christmas Eve 1 gift
2. Road Trips and our special edition of America pie
3. For a while The Easter tree
4. 24th BBQ and fireworks
5. In childhood the hug and kiss line up when with the fam!
6. When you got me in trouble!! LOL "when there's LOVE at HOME"!
7. Dec 11th dinner CREAMED HAMBURGER YUMM!!! And pineapple upside down cake for dessert!
8. APR 13th some meal with nothing touching each other and a carrot cake for dessert.
The list goes on and on!!!
Your turn!!
Do summer slupree's count? Now that it is heating up the kids are noticing all the 7/11's in town.
Post a Comment